About the job
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Asset Care & New Products Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the UK Asset Care plan for the business. They will identify and implement new products and process project opportunities through management of CAPEX, engineering and technical products projects.
Hours: 8.30 am - 5 pm, Monday to Friday
- Manage Health and Safety ensuring a Zero Accident mentality
- The co-ordination and implementation of a business wide Asset Care Plan
- The co-ordination and completion of new products and process projects on time and within budget which should include liaising with customers, sales and Group companies to ensure new products and processes meet all the stakeholder requirements
- Provide project plan for approval including scope, cost, timelines, risk, quality issues and communications
- Determine new products and process project specifications by researching and studying customer requirements, product design and performance standards of different type of assets to optimise the process.
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions
- Ensure projects adhere to the quality system ISO 9001, BRC-loop
- Communicate with stakeholders, updating regularly on progress and ensure projects still align with changing company objectives
- Escalation of issues through the business reporting structure
- Liaison with other functions e.g. manufacturing, planning, sales, finance, logistics and HR and customers on projects
- Continuous improvement activities
- Develops the skills of the Asset Care and new products and process team and acts as the standard setter for this within the business
- Develop skills matrix and training material for the Asset Care and new products and process team
Skills and experience
(Candidates are expected to have, or eventually progress towards the following)
- Formal Health and Safety management skills training
- Engineering aptitude, Mechanical, or Electrical or Technical, ideally at degree level
- Project management experience and operating a Stage Gate process for new Product and Process introduction.
- Project management qualifications desirable, but not essential
- Continuous improvement techniques, Lean-Sigma Yellow Belt desirable but not essential
- Quality systems awareness. E.g. ISO
- Problem solving techniques
- IT literate with experience of MS Office and/or MS Project
- Ability to train, coach and mentor others
- Experience in working in a medium-sized industrial company
- Experience of working within plastics is advantageous
- Knowledge of Asset Care processes ideally 9 step or TPM standards with a belief system that prevention is better than cure.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000.00-£55,000.00 per year
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have Maintenance/Asset Care experience?
- How many years of managerial experience do you have?
- Do you have an engineering qualification or relevant experience?
About the company
Weener Plastics is a full service global supplier of innovative plastic packaging solutions. The company designs, develops and manufactures added value Caps, Closures, Roll-on Balls, Jars and Bottles for the Personal Care, Food & Beverage and Home Care markets.
The Company headquarters are based in Ede, the Netherlands, and employs approximately 4,700 people and has 27 facilities in 19 countries world-wide.
Please email Marina Maytum, HR Manager a copy of your CV and covering letter. Email: email@example.com
20 Jul 2021