Reports to: Asset Care team
This role is key to the companies' achievement of World Class Manufacturing. The Asset Care Planner responsible for providing an asset management service, including; an effective and efficient Planned Maintenance System to improve and sustain the organisation's targets for availability and reliability, reduced cost and risk, and improved profitability. To ensure that our Asset Care activities achieve 98% availability of our manufacturing equipment through the latest maintenance techniques. The Asset planner is also responsible for managing all aspects of Engineering Stores and administration for the Engineering team such as KPI input, supporting Engineering Daily Review , etc.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Health and Safety awareness ensuring a zero accident mentality following all legal and company procedures
- Develop improvement plan for the Engineering Stores (including external storage locations)
- Support the development of the Planned Maintenance schedule and thereafter facilitate completion of that PM schedule
- Systematic measurement of the Planned Maintenance Compliance to plan
- Measurement/tracking of Mean Time Between Failure on key assets
- Liaising with Planning well in advance (typically 12 weeks) to ensure assets made available for the planned maintenance activities
- Implementation of best practice in relation to Workplace Organisation into all areas where spare parts are stores
- Auditing and reporting effectiveness of Workplace Organisation
- Raising purchase orders as requested, ensuring compliance to budget and escalating either potential overspends or significant spends in-line with company policy
- Management of departmental budgets
- Management and administration of information systems – Shire, Excel Works order tracking etc.
- Updating Machine Reference Manuals as better practices come to light
- Maintenance inventory management
- Management of critical spares
- Managements of spares obsolescence strategy
Key Performance Indicators
- Number of Health and Safety related Accidents and Incidents/audits non compliance
- Quality standards within agreed levels.
- Own Attendance
- Stores and Planned Maintenance KPI's
- Workplace Organisation audit score
- Achievement of annual maintenance budgets for revenue spends
- Planned Maintenance Schedule compliance %
- Internal HSHEQ audit compliance.
- BRC audit compliance.
- Machine run hour clocks (once in place) logging as part of PM strategy
- Factory OEE levels
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Candidates are expected to have, or eventually progress towards the following:
- IT literate to include MS Office is essential.
- Experience of 5s or Workplace Organisation is beneficial
- Experience of working in Maintenance Stores is desirable
- GCSE English and Maths essential or equivalent level
- A level standard essential or equivalent BTEC qualification
- Experience of working within engineering preferred
- Good organisation skills with attention to detail
- Communication skills at all levels of the business
- Capable and willing to promote a CI culture
- Ability to work in wider teams to ensure business strategies are met
- Capability to meet goals / objectives
- Ability to respond flexibly to business pressures
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve target deadlines
- Good forward thinking abilities and lateral thinking
Unspecified Duties: This job description reflects the immediate requirements and objectives of the post. It is not an exhaustive list of duties but gives a general indication of the work undertaken which may vary in detail in light of changing demands and priorities.
Schedule: Monday to Friday - 37.5 hours
Development steps: Engineering and Asset Care Manager
Do you have any questions, require additional information or wish to apply for the position?
If so, please contact Julie Tregay, HR Manager on 01692 400023 or via email on email@example.com.
We aim to contact you within 2 days.
08 Feb 2023
Copyright Weener 2023