About the job
We are looking for multiple Production Operative(s). The Production Operative is key to ensuring customer requirements are met on time and in full. Working closely with the Team Leader, they will be responsible for day to day operations within the department as well as improvement and process control.
The Production Operative will be required to work for our 24/7 business working 12 hour shifts. The weekly hours are 42 per week, divided into 3.5 shifts per week over a two week period. Hours are from 6.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. and from 6.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m. alternating. You will also be requested to complete a 15 minute handover per shift as overtime.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Health and Safety awareness ensuring a zero accident mentality following all legal and company procedures.
- Manufacturing performance to plan including recording, resolving and escalating issues to meet defined Quality Criteria.
- Process control and continuous improvement.
- Quality submissions
- Provide assistance to the team and learn and develop from the operator grade 3 and setter's knowledge
- Assist with training/mentoring/induction of colleagues at levels 1 and 2
- Pack, label and palletize product.
- Problem solving within the cell.
- Material movement and control.
- Identification and implementation of waste reduction initiatives.
- Proper packaging of the produced goods and disposal of the waste
- Maintenance of a safe, clean, and tidy work area in cooperation with the other shift workers
- Shift handovers
- Completion of relevant documentation in a legible manner, on time and in full
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing production and processes
- Health and Safety awareness
- GCSE passes at average or above level in Maths and English or equivalent is essential
- Quality Training desirable
- Attention to detail
Salary: £26,000 (inclusive of shift premium)
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- 12 hour shift
- Have you worked within a manufacturing/factory environment before?
About Weener Plastics
Weener Plastics (WP) is a leading producer of high-quality and complex plastic packaging products. The UK's North Walsham plant designs, develops and produces caps and closures. Sustainability is an important and integral part of our strategy. We take all kinds of measures and initiatives to reduce our own environmental footprint and we help customers to reduce theirs by offering more sustainable solutions. Customers are manufacturers of multinational brands as well as private labels in the personal care, food and household industries. As part of the worldwide Weener group, we continuously focus on technological innovation. A highly advanced machine park ensures that products can be made seven days a week, 24 hours a day at the North Walsham plant.
Do you have any questions, require additional information or wish to apply for the position?
If so, please contact Julie Tregay, HR Manager on 01692 400023 or via email on email@example.com.
We aim to contact you within 2 days.
15 Jul 2021
Copyright Weener 2023