To support the Quality manager and quality team in achieving adherence to the quality standards of Weener Plastics, according to legislation and procedures. Active involvement in the drive for change and continuous improvement. This role is key to the companies' achievement of World Class Manufacturing and a 'zero defects' culture.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Performance testing of current products, to ensure adherence to specification.
- Measurement analysis using all facilities available and transferring data to spreadsheets.
- Programming & Maintenance of Laboratory Test Equipment (including CMM, Force test equipment and others).
- Set up of SPC & monitoring on key products to measure process capability.
- Support the investigation, RC & CAPA for external and internal Non Conformances.
- Apply problem solving principles (7-Step, 5 Whys etc) to Non Conformances, Investigations and other.
- Perform and document internal audits & associated CAPA. Implement CAPA.
- Support and active involvement in external audits (ISO9001, BRCGS).
- Development of New and Existing WI's/SOP's, Quality Documents, policies & procedures.
- Maintenance & upkeep of Quality reference samples & systems.
- Customer Documentation – DoC, CofA, Questionnaires etc.
- Ensure the calibration system is kept up to date (internal and external calibration).
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Quality representation in meetings as required.
- Active involvement in promoting a proactive Quality & Safety Culture to the site.
- Provide training and support to quality assurance team on systems, policies, procedures, and core processes as required.
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality KPI's:
- Process Capability (SPC)
- Product Quarantine (Q00)
- Customer Complaints
- Warranty Claims
- Loss Of Business
- Quality standards within agreed levels.
- BRCGS audit compliance.
- ISO9001 audit compliance.
- Successful completion & close-out of internal audits
- Reduction of internal NC's in line with company drive towards zero defects.
- Do/Teach/Coach/Audit approach to improve business team capability.
- Adherence to Quality Roadmap/Plan.
- Own Attendance.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Candidates are expected to have, or eventually progress towards the following:
- GCSE English and Maths essential or equivalent level
- Experience of working within Quality essential, within a FMCG environment preferable.
- Qualified Internal Auditing (ISO9001 &/or BRCGS standard).
- SPC & MSA techniques.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Status
- HND/HNC qualified, or equivalent, in a Quality subject is desirable.
- To have experience of ISO9000 quality management system requirements and to have worked within the criteria.
- To have experience of BRCGS system requirements and to have worked within the criteria.
- Problem Solving techniques.
- IT literate to include MS Office is essential.
- Good organisation and planning skills.
- Good Communication skills, verbal and written at all levels of the business.
- data collection, management and analysis
- sound judgment
- decision-making skills
- Ability to work in wider teams to ensure business strategies are met.
- Capability to meet goals/objectives .
- Ability to respond flexibly to business pressures.
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve target deadlines.
- Capable and willing to promote a Quality & CI culture.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
This job description reflects the immediate requirements and objectives of the post. It is not an exhaustive list of duties but gives a general indication of the work undertaken which may vary in detail in light of changing demands and priorities.
Quality Engineer --> Quality Team Leader --> Quality Manager
Please email Marina Maytum - HR Manager a copy of your CV and covering letter. Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgContato
05 May 2022