The job holder is responsible for the management of an operational team on shift to ensure self-sufficiency of that team. They will assist departmental Managers and Improvement Technicians in the management of their shift team including control, planning, organising and motivating. They will ensure that all tasks are carried out safely and effectively meeting all procedural and quality requirements. The job holder is expected to be a role model at all times and may be required to cover the role of the Continuous Improvement Manager or Departmental Manager.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Manage Health and Safety issues for the department during the shift ensuring a Zero Accident mentality.
- Ensure shift team follows Health and Safety procedures and rules including safety alerts and correct use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Production to plan (quality, cost, delivery) to meet cell strategy.
- Ensure effective and complete shift handovers by team members.
- Develop good communication, team spirit and commitment within team.
- Drive Operational Excellence development within the team to ensure effective problem solving tools are utilised.
- Use Pareto analysis to regularly identify the Top Three areas for improvement and drive to close out.
- Achieve business and departmental objectives by best use of resources hour by hour.
- Manage Asset Care to plan.
- Identify 100-Year fixes for operational problems using the appropriate Problem Solving approach.
- Identification of all forms of waste reduction.
- Manage on-shift performance management, disciplinary, resource and incident issues.
- Attend and present cell daily review and other relevant meetings.
- Process appropriate transactions within local IT systems.
- Liaison with other functions e.g. planning, sales, accounts, asset care, logistics and HR.
- Team induction, development and succession planning.
- Engage team in bottom up improvement.
- Performing the necessary physical tasks/roles (e.g. MSO/MO) to fulfil the functional cell requirements including tool changes, first line maintenance and packing.
Key Performance Indicators
- Number of Health and Safety Accidents and Incidents within target.
- Risk assessments completed to target and no legislative failures
- Customer Complaints and Blockages within target levels.
- Quality standards and audits within target levels.
- OEE maintained at budgeted levels.
- Labour productivity (kg/FTE and costs)
- Workplace Organisation and safety audits.
- Work order completions and cycle counts completed to schedule.
- Team Improvements to target.
- Team absence levels.
- Training and development to plan.
- Team performance reviews.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Candidates are expected to have, or eventually progress towards the following:
- Formal Health and Safety management skills training
- FMCG experience essential
- Plastics moulding experience desirable but not essential
- Engineering aptitude, Mechanical, or Electrical or Technical
- Continuous improvement techniques, Lean-Sigma Yellow Belt
- Technical/Operational understanding.
- HR skills and experience e.g. disciplinary, performance management processes.
- Prior hands on experience of the process area they will manage (example Moulding, Logistics, Production)
- Quality systems awareness.
- Problem solving techniques.
- IT literate with experience of MS Office.
- Ability to train, coach and mentor others.
- Excellent organisational skills through attention to detail.
- Timely and effective decision making using a methodical approach.
- Sound interpersonal approach.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Leads by example.
- Ability to work with shift and other teams to ensure the sites objectives are met.
- Be able to motivate and develop shift team.
- Capable of establishing departmental, business objectives.
- Able to manage and co-ordinate incidents effectively (e.g. Fire, breakdown).
- Able to work under pressure and achieve target deadlines.
- Analytical and numerate.
- Capable and willing to promote a CI culture.
This job description reflects the immediate requirements and objectives of the post. It is not an exhaustive list of duties but gives a general indication of the work undertaken which may vary in detail in light of changing demands and priorities.
Departmental Manager/ Manufacturing Manager
Please email Marina Maytum - HR Manager a copy of your CV and covering letter. Email: email@example.comContato
04 May 2022